Creamy Pumpkin Soup
1 small pie pumpkin
8 cups water
1 onion (diced)
4 garlic cloves (diced)
5 cups cooked short grain brown rice
2 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. dried turmeric or 1 T. fresh grated turmeric
1. Cut the pumpkin
in half, lay flat on an oiled cookie sheet, bake at 350° for one
hour. Pumpkin should be fork tender after an hour.
2. After pumpkin has cooled, scoop out the seeds and discard, then
scoop out flesh and save for soup.
3. While the pumpkin is baking you can start the soup. Bring water
to a boil in soup pot.
4. Add the onions, garlic, and brown rice. Reduce to simmer, cover
and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the pumpkin flesh to the pot, continue simmering for 10 more
6. Turn off heat, add seasoning and puree. Use a hand blender and
blend in pot. Or blend in a food processor or blender. Serve warm.